SPMI Organizational Structure
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE SYSTEM
ESA UNGGUL UNIVERSITY
( EUU-SPMI )
Quality assurance for an organization is a must because the organization guarantees its quality is an organization that always meets the needs and satisfaction of its customers, because satisfied customers will become loyal customers and this means it will provide benefits to the organizations involved.
The legal basis of the quality assurance system is Law No. 20 of year 2003 regarding the National Education System and PP 19 of year 2005 concerning National Standards of Education, listed in Law No. 20 of year 2003 on National Education System Article 50 paragraph 2 indicates “the government determines national policies and education national standards to guarantee quality … etc. Then in article 51 paragraph 2 it is said that the management of higher education units is carried out based on the principle of autonomy, accountability, quality assurance and transparent evaluation.
The Guidance Book for Higher Education Quality Assurance System (SPM-PT) explains that the college quality assurance system is carried out on the basis of internal quality assurance, and external quality assurance. Internal quality assurance is quality assurance carried out by the relevant tertiary institutions in accordance with and based on the legislation established by the government, while external quality assurance is quality assurance carried out by external agencies or institutions formed and or approved by the government, organizer of quality assurance evaluation for universities.
Esa Unggul University (EUU) formerly known as Indonusa Esa Unggul University (IEUU), as one of the educational service organizations cannot be separated from the paradigm circle, therefore EUU will always guarantee the quality of services provided, in addition to an effort to maintain its existence as a highly qualified university as well as put an effort to actively engage and directly contribute to the development of education in Indonesia.
EUU quality assurance system is carried out in stages, systematically and planned in a quality assurance program that has a clear target and time frame. The early stages of quality assurance is carried out by units that are specifically formed to conduct planning and quality management both in academic and management, namely a unit called the Quality Assurance Office, then in the end the quality assurance efforts will become embedded culture and routine activities with daily activities within EUU academic community.
A good quality assurance system will improve the institution’s ability to supervise, create stability, predictability, and capabilities as an educational organization, then with a good quality assurance system, institutions will be able to maintain and improve quality and be able to act better than before.
- UEU quality assurance is carried out both in the academic field (education, research and community service) as well as in non-academic fields (university administration and management). Therefore quality organization must be adjusted to that scope.
- The Rector is the person in charge of quality assurance at the university level, the Postgraduate Director and the Dean of the faculty are the person in charge of quality assurance at the postgraduate and faculty level, the Vice Rectors are the people in charge of quality assurance at the department / unit level, and the Head of LPPM is the person responsible for quality assurance of Research and Service to the community
- The Head of the Quality Assurance Office (KPM) is the quality assurance coordinator at the university level with the scope of work covering the coordination of quality assurance in all high-level business arrangements in EUU, both academic and non-academic.
- Postgraduate Vice director functions as the coordinator and Head of the Quality Control Team (GKM) Quality Assurance at the Post-graduate Program level, the Vice dean functions as the coordinator and Head of the Quality Control Team (GKM) Quality Assurance at the faculty level, LPPM Secretary serves as coordinator and Head of the Quality Control Cluster Team (GKM) Quality Assurance of the Research and Community Service Field, the Head of Department serves as the coordinator of the Head of the Quality Control Cluster Team (GKM) Quality Assurance at the department / unit level
- Emphasis on the quality assurance function at the university level was focused on the integrated quality management function (Total Quality Management / TQM), at the Faculty level and LPPM is emphasized on the Quality Assurance function and at the Department or Unit level is emphasized on the Quality control function (Quality Control)
- The function of each coordinator at each level of the organization consisting of the vice dean, the Secretary of the LPPM, and the head of the department are:
- Evaluate and identify quality policies, quality standards, guidelines for implementation and socialization.
- Evaluating the assessment results of assessors and recommend improvements to the quality assurance system.
- Obtain explanations from individuals or work units in their environment related to meeting quality objectives in both academic and non-academic fields.
- Explore information from various sources on various matters related to improving knowledge and implementation of university quality management.
- Making reports on achieving quality continuously
EUU SPMI Organizational Structure and Governance
- Quality assurance activities are carried out both in the academic field (academic and academic supporting) and in the non-academic and administrative fields (administratives). Therefore the quality assurance organization must be adjusted to the scope.
- The Rector is in charge of quality assurance at the university level. Quality assurance at the university level is emphasized on the function of integrated quality management (Total Quality Management / TQM).
- The quality assurance process in EUU is carried out in stages, from university level to the study program. The Head of Quality Assurance Office (KPM) is the quality assurance coordinator in the university level, who answers directly to the Rector.
- The Head of KPM has duties and responsibilities as follows :
- Coordinate planning, implementation and development of an internal quality assurance system;
- Consult with the Rector in planning, implementing and developing an internal quality assurance system;
- Prepare the equipment needed in the implementation of internal quality assurance system;
- Coordinate audit of the implementation of internal quality assurance system;
- Prepare quality reports and distribute them to the Rector and all unit leaders;
- Develop a network of quality assurance cooperation with various institutions both at home and abroad.
Quality Assurance Office
- Within the organizational structure, the Head of KPM is assisted by 1 (one) secretary and 2 (two) Bureau Heads, who are in charge of:
- Development of quality systems and document control;
- Internal quality audit.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Head of Quality System Development and Document Control Bureau are:
- Coordinate the preparation of quality documents such as quality policies, quality standards, quality manuals, cross-unit work procedures, unit work instructions, forms, as well as other supporting documents;
- Control the distribution of quality documents to all units and levels of the organization;
- Coordinate the review of quality document (document review) and improve it in a continuous manner (continuous improvement);
- Archiving quality documents.
7. While the duties and responsibilities of the Head of the Internal Quality Audit Bureau are:
- Assisting the Head of the Quality Assurance Office in carrying out internal quality audits;
- Coordinate the preparation of all unit performance indicators;
- Carry out a performance audit;
- Coordinate the 5R audit implementation (neat, care, clean, diligent, concise);
- Prepare audit report.
8. In carrying out its duties, the Head of KPM works together and coordinates with the Head of the Quality Control Cluster Team (GKM) in each unit.